Here's the recipe:
For the cupcakes:
1 1/2 cups AP flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 stick butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
For the frosting:
4 ounces white chocolate
1/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Alternately add the dry ingredients and the liquid, beating until smooth after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
4. Spoon batter into cupcake papers, filling cups about 2/3 full. Bake for about 20 minutes.
5. To make the frosting, melt the white chocolate and let cool, then add cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cream and beat until mixture is thick and creamy.
These are absolutely delicious, and just the right amount of sweet! Enjoy!
In case you didn't know, I'm a little bit of a nerd...
Okay, a big nerd. I'm also a huge Game of Thrones fan, and since I've been having the urge to make cupcakes lately, I thought I would make some cupcakes for the finale last weekend. I knew I wanted to make white chocolate macadamia cupcakes, but I wanted to give them a "Game of Thrones-y" name. My husband came up with the hilarious name "White Chocolate White Walker" cupcakes, and here's how they turned out (complete with toothpick heads of white walkers and Jon Snow, and shaved white chocolate to mimic snow):
Teacher of leaders. Life-long learner. Space geek. Lover of all things color-coordinated, organized, and cutesy.